The CMBA is a non-profit association formed in 1984. Our membership of 700 individuals and 150 organizations supports Connecticut communities by opening doors for literally thousands of homeowners each year.
The purpose of the association is:
- To promote the welfare of the mortgage lending industry and related service providers in the state of Connecticut and to improve its service to the community.
- To encourage among its members sound ethical business practices in the origination and servicing of real estate mortgage loans.
- To sponsor meetings for the discussion of real estate mortgage concerns and to sponsor educational and research projects designed to alleviate those concerns.
- To provide a forum for new ideas related to the industry.
- To cooperate with public & private agencies and the public at large in all matters relating to sound mortgage lending with the objective of strengthening the economic base of the community.
- To provide a platform from which the members of the mortgage lending industry can express their views on practices and legislation affecting the industry.
Assistant to the Executive Director